Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Waving Hello with Audrey!

Hello there!  Audrey here!  Today I have a card to share with you that goes along with our current challenge... Distress Mania!  I used Distress Inks to "ink smoosh" my underwater background!  If you are not familiar with "ink smooshing", it's very easy to do and the results are so fun!  You will never get the same effect twice!  All you need are Distress Inks and a piece of acetate or old plastic packaging.  You can even use a sandwich bag.  You just press the ink pad onto the plastic, add a few squirts of water, and press the wet ink on to your paper.  I prefer to dry each layer before moving onto the next, but you don't have to if you prefer not to.  The colors will just mix together more.

Once my background was completely dry, I added a stitched edge with the largest die in the Small Stitched Rectangles Stackables die set.  I cut a second stitched rectangle from kraft cardstock, and used the Simple Stitched Hillside Borders to add a slope to my sand.  For added dimension, I added some Walnut Stain Distress ink to the edges with an ink blending tool.  I stamped and colored a mermaid, rock, seaweed and the cute little seahorse from the Mermaid for You stamp set and then diecut them using coordinating dies.  I adhered some pieces flat with a glue pen, and some with foam tape, and added a sentiment from the same stamp set.  Then I mounted the panel to a white card base using more foam tape.

Waving Hello

That's all for me today!!  Thanks for stopping by! :)


3 comments:

  1. Just fabulous inked background and lovely scene with this mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card! love mermaids :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very sweet Audrey -- I still have not tried the smoosh technique but I want to now ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!